White Chicken Korma is one of the many dishes of the Great Hyderabadi cuisine. Hyderabadi Cuisine is slightly sour, hot and richly endowed with nuts and spices. Traditional Hyderabadi dishes are cooked in original ‘Ghee’. Cooking in low heat, in ‘Dum’ is another specialty of this cuisine, which is another cause of its rich aroma.
1.Chicken- 1 Kg (cut into 12-14 pieces)
2. Pure Ghee- 3 tablespoons
3. Onion – 3 medium (sliced)
4. Ginger paste –1 tablespoon
5. Garlic paste -1 tablespoon
6. Green chilli paste - 1 tablespoon
7. Almonds,ground - 1/4 cup(Make it paste)
8. Khoya/mawa, grated - ½ cup
9. Yogurt -1 cup(Whisked well)
10.Black pepper powder- ½ teaspoon
11.White pepper powder -1 teaspoon
13.Garam Masala powder – ½ teaspoon14.Rose petal powder/ Rose water- ½ teaspoon
15.Coriander leaves- ½ teaspoon to garnish.
1.Heat Ghee in a pan, add onions and sauté till golden brown.
2.Add ginger and garlic pastes and stir.
3.Add green chilli paste and sauté for 5 minutes.
4.Add almond paste, khoya and yogurt.
5. Cook on low heat for 15-17 minutes.
6.Add white pepper and black pepper powder and stir.
7.Add chicken pieces and cook further on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. 8.Pour in one cup of water and simmer for another five minutes.
9. Once the chicken is cooked, add cream and stir. Add garam masala powder and rose petal powder/ rose water, simmer for two minutes and remove from heat.Garnish with coriander leaves.
Post a Comment
If you have liked this Post,please give two minutes of your precious time to share your thought.