Spinach is often considered to be the nutritional powerhouse as it is full of nutritional antioxidants.It is also believed to have anti-cancer constituents. Regular consumption of spinach in the diet helps prevent Osteoporosis (weakness of bones), Anemia(iron deficiency) and is believed to protect from cardiovascular diseases and colon and prostate cancers.
To make it popular amongst the children it can be cooked in many styles.Creamy Spinach is one of them.
1.Butter - 1 stick
2.Baby spinach (Washed and then chopped)-5 cups
3.Onion - 1/2, finely chopped
4.Whole clove - 1
5.Garlic - 4 cloves, very finely chopped
6.Regular Flour - 1/4 cup
7.Milk - 1 1/2 cups
8.Salt - to taste
9.Black Pepper powder – ½ tsp10.Freshly ground nutmeg - 1 pinch
1. Heat a pan, add 1 tbsp butter.
2. Once the butter melts, add the spinach.
3. Cover the pan, let the spinach cook for about 1 minute, uncover,stir all upside down and cover again to cook. Repeat till the spinach is cooked.
4.Do not drain the spinach as the juice contains all the nutrients.
5. Take the spinach off the heat and let it cool down.
6. In a saucepan, put the remaining butter and add the onion and the clove. Cook over medium heat till the onion is golden brown.
7.Take out the clove.
8. Add the garlic and sauté it for about 1 minute.
9.Add the flour. Cook it by continuous stirring or 2 minutes.\
10.Take away the pan from heat and whisk in cold milk. Add the milk slowly and keep whisking.
11. Bring the mixture to heat and let it boil.
12.Add the spinach. Cook the mixture for about 5-6 minutes, occasionally stirring.
13. Add the nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook till the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
14. Serve hot.
Post a Comment
If you have liked this Post,please give two minutes of your precious time to share your thought.