A whole barbequed chicken at the 4th of July barbeque- a must for all, without which the party would not seem to have commenced neither it would finish.
1. Chicken-2 lb (whole)
Ingredients for Barbeque sauce
1. Onions- 2 medium
2. Butter-4 tablespoons
3. Garlic- 2 cloves (crushed)
4. Tomato ketchup-1 cup
5. Chilli sauce- 1/4 cup
6. Mustard powder- 1 teaspoon
7. Brown sugar - 1/2 cup
8. Vinegar- 1/4 cup
9. Worcestershire sauce- 2 tablespoons
10. Black pepper powder- 1/4 teaspoon
11. Red chilli powder- 1/2 teaspoon
12. Salt to taste
1. Wash and drain the chicken well. Make it dry with a cotton cloth or absorbent paper.
2. Take a sharp knife and make incisions on breast and leg pieces.
3. Heat two tablespoons of butter in a non stick pan, add finely chopped onions and garlic and fry till translucent.
4. Add tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, mustard powder, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper powder, red chilli powder and salt.
5. Mix well and cook it in low heat for ten minutes. Set aside to cool.
6. Apply the sauce to the chicken and keep in a refrigerator for 1-2 hrs.
7. Preheat oven to 180 degree C (approx 350 degree F).
8. Cook the chicken in a pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes or until almost done.9. Baste it with the remaining butter and cook for another 2-4 minutes.
10.Barbequed chicken is ready to serve.
Post a Comment
If you have liked this Post,please give two minutes of your precious time to share your thought.